Planning a community vaccine event?
These resources will help you plan, prepare and implement your event. Adapt these examples and guidance to fit your specific needs.
- COVID-19 Clinic Contact Sheet — The location and roster of all contacts involved with onsite management of a drive-thru vaccine clinic.
- Logistics Action Sheet — A step by step outline for logistics staff to follow on the day of the event.
- Radio Etiquette — Proper etiquette to use 2-way radios for communication during a vaccine clinic.
- Community Vaccine Project Card Template — Incident Command Systems (ICS) roles and contact roster to create a list of participants working onsite during a vaccine event.
- Public School Facility and Site Assessment Worksheet — Form to collect necessary information on a potential vaccine site.
- Needle Stick injury or Other Blood Exposure Procedures — Just in time training on how to treat and prevent transmission of blood-borne pathogens.
- CDC Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines — Questionnaire to determine whether or not a person should receive vaccine. Also available in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese, and Tagalog.
- CDC V-Safe App Info — Smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Also available in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese, and Tagalog.
Site assessment checklist
Consider these questions when assessing a potential event site.
- Does the site have multiple points of entrance and exit?
- Does the site have adequate space for cars to line up? Would traffic back up onto the road?
- How far apart can vaccine stations be?
- Does the site have room for holding lanes?
- How many vaccine lanes can the site fit?
- Where can event staff park?
- Where can a mobile operations command center park?
- Where can a trailer park?
- Where can portable bathrooms go?
- Do buses, parents or staff need to access the area?
- Where is the nearest bus stop?
- Who is the facility point of contact on the day of the event?
- Can people with mobility issues access the site?
- Pre-event activities—Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Vaccine storage and handling toolkit—CDC.
- Mobile immunization toolkit—Immunity Community.
- Using mRNA COVID-19 vaccines: Interim clinical considerations—CDC.
- Off-site vaccine event guidelines—Washington State Department of Health (DOH).