The state has reopened!
We can all take these steps to safeguard our health.
Model and encourage healthy habits.
- Wear a cloth face covering.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are sick.
Help reduce anxiety and stigma about COVID-19.
Teach staff, volunteers, clients and guests how they can protect themselves against illness. Worry and misunderstanding can create fear and mistrust. Disease can affect anyone. Use these resources to help reduce COVID-19 anxiety and stigma.
- Tips to improve your well-being during a pandemic.
- Collective trauma—Learn ways to support other during a crisis.
- CDC—Reducing Stigma.
- King County—Coronavirus and stigma infographic.
Make sure staff, volunteers, clients and guests know where to find accurate information.
Helpful tools for all human services providers.
- Health screening guidelines for all facilities.
- Guidance for COVID-19 symptoms and testing locations.
- Guidance and safe practices for addiction recovery programs.
Homeless Shelter Providers
View CDC’s interim guidance for Homeless Service Providers.